Monday, January 15, 2007

In Christ Alone

Dear Family and Friends,

First, I want to thank you so much from the depths of my heart for all you’ve been to me, especially those who supported my mission trip to Rwanda (Central Africa) last summer. God has been so gracious and everpresent in my life. The battles have been difficult, but the victories have outweighed the struggles. I want you to know that the fruit of your love continues to grow as God has affirmed my call to return to Rwanda for longterm missions. This is the sprouting of a seed that God implanted in me long before I knew my Lord.

I will be leaving at the end of May 2007 to serve in Kigali, the capital city of Rwanda, as a voluntary missionary teacher through World Relief for a commitment term of 2 years. I will be teaching American-based curriculum to grades K-12 at the Kigali International Community School (KICS), a startup Christian school that serves the children of the international community of NGO relief workers. In attempts to advance peace and economic growth, the government of Rwanda encourages anglicized education. World Relief has further blessed me by asking me to also teach English to the adult NGO workers using biblical studies. I know that God will also provide many more opportunities to minister, share the Gospel, and disciple the people of Rwanda.

I once heard a wonderful missionary and Bible study teacher say that what is most needed in the world is the ministry of presence. I strongly believe this is where God has called me to serve, to be present in places where few will go. My life is nothing if not used for the great glory of the Lord. God has granted me a gift of relating to children, especially those who are disabled, outcast and unwanted. Africa is anything but lacking in children who are orphaned, outcast, and unwanted. In its continuing recovery from genocide tragedy there is such a great need for teachers in Rwanda to provide for the next generation of leaders.

My Beloved Friends and Family, I hope you will keep me, my volunteer team, and the children of Africa in your PRAYERS as I leave my family and life here in America to journey with my Lord in Africa. God has so wonderfully placed me with a strong Christian organization with a great 60 year history of aid and relief throughout the world (http://www.wr.org/). While in Africa, I will be reachable through my email address lhsatori@yahoo.com. Please email me if you have any questions or wish to be included in my emailing list for updates of my journey with God in Rwanda or to be included as a Prayer Warrior.

Thank you so very much and God bless you truly!
With Love in Christ,
Linda Huang
Email me at: lhsatori@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a volunteer missionary I will be raising my own financial support through World Relief. The minimal cost of supporting a volunteer serving in Rwanda is approximately $24,000 annually (which includes living expenses, work supplies, airline transportation, work Visa fees, etc.). Any gift amount towards the Volunteer Program is a great treasure! No amount is too small. If you wish to contribute to supporting World Relief’s Volunteer Program*, you may do so in one of the following ways:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) TO MAIL IN PAYMENT, Please make checks payable to World Relief and note in the memo line “Volunteer Program - Linda Huang”. Include your name, address, phone number and email address. World Relief will send you a tax deductable receipt. Mail to:

World Relief, Attn: LORELEI - Donor Services/Volunteer Resources
7 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) FOR ONLINE DONATION, visit www.wr.org. Go to “Donate”. Click on “Area of Greatest Need”. Type in the Comments box: “Linda Huang - Volunteer Program Rwanda”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3) TO PLEDGE AUTOMATIC MONTHLY SUPPORT, please email Lorelei at LMah@wr.org and ask her to send email you a WORLD RELIEF-ON-TIME FORM (please specify payment as “‘RWA Partnership - Huang - in support of Linda Huang”)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*PLEASE NOTE: Gifts to or for specific individuals are not tax-deductible. However, gifts to support the ministry of workers of World Relief are deductible charitable gifts if the organization fully controls the funds. Your gift to support the ministry of World Relief’s Volunteer Program is not a gift to the individual but to World Relief, however please note "Volunteer Program - Rwanda Linda Huang" for tracking purposes. World Relief will provide tax deduction receipts to all its donors. Thank you!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GENOCIDE TRAGEDY – In April 1994, a horrible evil divided the people of Rwanda and drove two tribes to hate, torture, and annihilate each other. During this genocide war, superpower nations neglected to respond to their cries for help. The genocide brutally took over a million lives in only 3 months (the Jewish holocaust took 6 million people in 6 years), including women and children who were targeted and savagely murdered with machetes. Many were purposefully infected with HIV/AIDs. In the aftermath, there are a devastating amount of orphaned children and alot of physical and spiritual healing to be done.

No comments: