Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Call

"I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' Then I said, 'Here I am! Send me''" (Isaiah 6:8, KJV)

From Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for his Highest:
"The call is the expression of the nature of the One who calls, and we can only recognize that call if the same nature is in us...God providentially weaves the threads of His call through our lives, and only we can distinguish them...The call of God is not a reflection of my nature; my personal desires and temperament are of no consideration...when God brings me into the right relationship with Himself, I will be in the same condition Isaiah was. Isaiah was so attuned with God, because of the great crisis he had just endured, that the call of God penetrated his soul...to be brought to the place where we hear the call of God is to be profoundly changed."

Copyright 1992 by Oswald Chambers Publications Association, Ltd. Original edition Copyright 1935 by Dodd, Mead & Company,Inc. All rights reserved.

No comments: