Sunday, January 21, 2007

Don't Assume When It Comes to Salvation

I just have to share the good news and the blessing of this very Sunday. Today, I was feeling a bit stale and prayed for the Lord to refresh my Spirit. What a refreshment He had in store for me. The Lord granted me the great privilege of leading 3 of my teenage Sunday School students (from the Mission Training Center) to Jesus. It was such a God orchestrated event. I have had these students in my class for nearly a year and assumed that every student had already received Jesus. I was just going to teach them the Bible for life application. The assigned lesson topic was in Acts - when Paul and Barnabas were in Antioch and the Gospel was first spread to Gentiles - the first "Christians". I was explaining some background information - the miracle of God and the Holy Spirit - and connected it to the Christian Body, when one student asked me if she was a Christian. She didn't know. It took me back and I asked her if she had prayed to receive Jesus. She said no, and then 2 other students followed. Wow! I asked them if they would like to receive Jesus in their lives right now. Then, we all prayed to receive Jesus. What an exciting privilege to witness and be a part of! Hallelujah! God is so good! The Lord taught me never to assume someone's salvation or take it for granted . The miracle is that I actually digressed and got offtrack with the lesson, which was really supposed to be about "giving" and tithing to the church - supporting the church. But God steered the lesson miraculously towards being of the Christian Body, thus the question was posed. The students thought that baptism made you a Christian and they hadn't been baptized. The Lord replenished my spirit by reminding me of the overwhelming joy of bringing another saint into the kingdom. Praise the Lord!

No comments: