Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bridge To Rwanda Blog Newsletter, Vol. 9

December 23, 2008, KIGALI, RWANDA – Dear Friends & Family, I want to take this time of remembrance of our Lord's birth to thank God for you and your support, whether they were through prayers, funds, emails, supplies, or whatever.

My mission for God in Rwanda has been quite an adventure mixed with hopes, joys, struggles, blessed miracles, and disappointments, but God has been with me all the way. I bear all for no other reason than to be obedient to my Lord and to please Him. You are my people in Christ and your prayers have touched me as God listens and brings me through trials. This Sold Out Single has gone through many seasons and learned so much. Being a lone missionary in a unfamiliar culture is something this child of God never imagined for herself. Some believe it wise, others don’t, but I serve a great God. Everyone has their own expectations, but only God knows for what purpose He sent me to Rwanda. In my time here in Rwanda, I have loved people who don't reciprocate to the point of heartache. And I have been blessed to experience those who love and hunger for God. I have been so blessed with friends in Rwanda that have touched and changed my life. And, finally, I have prayed for those whom I have not even met. I have seen suffering and experienced sufferings of my own in the name of Christ Jesus. All in all I have obeyed my God.

As the year takes a turn, I am prayerfully assessing my next steps and seeking God’s will. I won't lie and tell you that it is easy or ready to go. This has been the toughest faith journey of my life and I thank God that he has brought me through much in my life. And in all this He has protected me and I remain pure in my heart for Christ. All I am and do is for Him and to glorify Him.

As you may know, I just returned from a furlough in November to return home to Houston, Texas to establish the beginnings of an organization with a vision to change the lives of children that change the world. I also went home to raise more funds for the new year of missions in Rwanda. I still await for God’s blessings upon this. Unfortunately, my living support goal is below 50% and I do not have funds to remain in Rwanda beyond March, although there are so many open doors of need to serve Him in Rwanda. So, I will be prayerfully re-assessing to see if I can actually remain in good faith and safety in Rwanda to serve. I have faith in my Provider that He shall provide according to His will. However, I seek to be a good stewart of the sacrifices made by existing supporters and any commitments that I make to the people of Rwanda. I also have to assess my strength as trials have taken its toll on me. Please be in prayer for me as I prayerfully seek God for his plans. My first priority is always to obey my Lord whether He calls me out or in to a mission field. Whatever happens, Urukundo for the Children belongs to God and it will continue to serve God in His timing and way wherever He directs it. As for me, I have given my entire life, every safety and comfort, to God and I will continue to do so all the days of my life and into eternity. Praise God that He entrusts me, even in all my unworthiness, to serve Him.

Praise God! I thought I was going to spend this Christmas alone (long story), but I have some new friends that are such a tremendous blessing, especially during this lonesome holiday season. I was rescued by my friends at EA, a wonderful organization that is making a tremendous differnce in the lives of young people in Rwanda. We spent Christmas Eve feeding and entertaining impoverished school children and showing the Nativity Story to their Worship Center. It was a blessing from God to have the support of new friends in Rwanda. (Sorry, no photos. Didn't have my camera).

Nevertheless, I thank God for you and pray for a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year. Pray for the generation of children that God has appointed to bring in the year of Christ Jesus. This was the vision of hope in Christ that He truly entrusted to me. Pray for those who suffer in silence daily. They need our prayers first and foremost. Please pray for my assessment and decisions, that I may always hear His call and follow. God bless you and your family abundantly in the new year.

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:13-14

Love in Christ Jesus, Linda

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE: If you have not already done so, please subscribe to “Bridge To Rwanda Blog Newsletter” by entering your email address in the subscription field to the right. FeedBurner will send you a CONFIRMATION EMAIL that you must REPLY TO CONFIRM in order to activate your subscription. Please, pass the subscription and blog site on to others to share the testimony and raise support for the mission. God bless you!

FUNDS NEEDED
To sustain just my living Jan 2009-2010, $24,000 per year, currently at 10% of goal

CURRENT PROJECTS
  • Staff Development (technology & child development) at World Relief through end of May
  • Serving in partnership with other organizations (TBD) to train educators of children - Jan 2009-2010
  • Possible position assisting with local coordination of Andrew Palau Festival with Hope Rwanda
  • Developing Urukundo for the Children ministries in Rwanda

No comments: