Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bridge To Rwanda Blog Newsletter, Vol. 8

November 4, 2008, KIGALI, RWANDA – Dear Friends & Family, God bless you all for your support of this mission for God. Praise God for His watch and His provision. This is a quick newsletter to update you on God’s mission in Rwanda. A lot has transpired since my last newsletter. I have battled many odds and prayed over the steps.

I am leaving in a few hours to return to the USA, Houston for a visit. It’s been 1-1/2 years since I have been home. My trip is not only to visit family and friends, but mostly to register a nonprofit organization that will allow me to continue to serve children, starting here in Rwanda, where God has called me to serve at this time. I am spending my last dime in faith to go home and to register. I also will be fundraising for the year, for more in-depth ministry, and for the startup of my ministry.

The organization is Urukundo for the Children. Urukundo means “love” in the native language of Rwanda. Our vision is that through love we bring hope to vulnerable children who suffer in silence. The vulnerable children we are currently targeting at the moment are homeless street children, school children, children of disabilities, and orphans.

My time with World Relief is coming to a completion as of May 31st, but I have decided to remain in Rwanda as long as it takes to finish what God has called me to. However, I need to raise funds in order to remain living here and to conduct ministry that focuses on the who have fallen through the cracks of larger organizations.

I will be speaking at various events in Houston. Please, come see me to hear about what God has been bringing me through in Rwanda and what God is creating. So far, I will be speaking at:

• Sunday, Nov. 16th at 9:30am, Houston’s First Baptist Church at Toolz Bible Study class (formerly The Shed)
• Friday, Nov. 14th at Noon Inspire Women’s Luncheon
• Saturday, Nov. 15th at 5:30pm at Beth Richard’s house at 4020 Bluebonnet (off Stella Link at Bellaire), Unit G, 77024

I will email more specifics as they are confirmed. My phone number is 713-385-3349 or email me if you have any questions. If you have a ministry group or church that you would like me to speak at or would like to just meet me to discuss involvement or support, please email me at LHSATORI@YAHOO.COM. Please pray for the registration and for the fundraising to do more.

PRAYER REQUESTS
Please pray for my long flight home and for more opportunities to share God’s work in E. Central Africa.

Please pray for all the provisions for registering Urukundo for the Children. Please help me to spread the news and the cause of Urukundo for the Children. We need funds and support to do more.

I have a special request to anyone who may be able to help, I am in great need a car from Nov. 7-23 to get around for meetings so if anyone has a spare vehicle, rental discount ability, or can just provide rides, please email me. It would be such a blessing.

Praise God for His love and mercy to us all. Please pray for the vision of Urukundo for the Children to reach many children in need. God bless you all, my friends!

Love in Christ Jesus,
Linda

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE: If you have not already done so, please subscribe to “Bridge To Rwanda Blog Newsletter” by entering your email address in the subscription field to the right. FeedBurner will send you a CONFIRMATION EMAIL that you must REPLY TO CONFIRM in order to activate your subscription. Please, pass the subscription and blog site on to others to share the testimony and raise support for the mission. God bless you!

3 comments:

Jenna Marie Howard said...

Hello
I just wanted to stop by and tell you thank you for caring for orphans. As I have read through your blogs on children I am encouraged that I am not alone in this fight to help orphaned and abandoned children. I am the Director of Public Relations for a non-profit organization called World Orphans. We build church based orphan homes all over the world and our mission is simple E3 to reach each church…each child…each community. I would love for you to take a look at our website and let me know if you have any questions. (www.worldorphans.com) thank you again for your heart and words that you have written. I hope you will have a glorious blessed day!
Jenna M. Howard
-Director of Public Relations
www.Worldorphans.org
Jennah@worldorphans.org
www.JennaMarieHoward.com

Sarah said...

Hi Linda,

Please contact Harvey Kniesel in the missions office of HFBC about a black Mazda 626 that may available until the 24th of November this year. Another missionary may be using it at the moment, but you should check!

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like the blog.
It is beautiful.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from Portugal