Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mission Support 2008

April 27, 2008 • Dear Beloved Friends and Family,

Muraho (hello) from Rwanda. I am writing this letter as an urgent appeal for support funds. I confess that I have allowed myself to get so busy with work and ministry activities that I have neglected to consistently fundraise from afar. So, here goes.

In the past few months, I have incurred some large one-time expenses due to the blessing of acquiring a vehicle and a house that have drained much of my support funds. The car became a necessity for safety and reliability in and around the city, but also allows me to travel out to villages for ministry. The house allows me privacy to conduct ministry activities, build relationships, and room visiting ministers. These are truly an answer to prayer, but setup and fix-up costs have drained much of my funds (new tires, battery, clean engine, car insurance and registration, furniture and appliances, etc.). My monthly living expenses are now streamlined and I am preparing for my second year in Rwanda.

My goal is to raise the budgeted amount of $24,000 to sustain my living and serving in Rwanda for another year so that I can focus on the ministry without having to worry about the fundraising. Anything over the budgeted living expenses will allow me to further the efforts of building the leadership school and child advocacy organization that God has called me to build. Also, as my school summer break approaches, God has called me to venture out into deep Rwanda and surrounding areas to build more relationships and begin implementing His vision plan. This will all add some unbudgeted expenses for travel and supplies to my needs. God has brought some wonderful trusted helpers and guides who will direct and guide me in my travels. Nevertheless, note that petroleum in Rwanda is double the cost that of the USA, but I must reach out in order to progress God’s ministry. My mission is to build something of perpetual peace for God. I trust God “will supply all my needs.” Please pray with me for obedience and guidance to do His will.

Beloved Friends, it is my desire to share with you the blessings of partaking in this outreach endeavor. I appeal to you not only to ask you for your continued or increased support, but also for you to be my advocate. Please speak on my behalf about God’s mission in Rwanda to your friends, churches, and ministries. Use my blog. Hold collective fundraisers or ask for a special offering in church to collect funds for the mission. Every penny allows me to remain obedient to God and be His servant. I know that God will honor your efforts and place a burden into the hearts of those He calls to contribute. Refer them to my blog to contribute individually if they desire. It’s set up for a one-time or monthly giving. You can also sign people up to receive my newsletter. Help spread the news of God’s work to bless more people. The more I raise, the more I can do. Currently, the funds must still be counted as supporting an individual missionary, but eventually I plan to set up an official ministry or NGO to receive funds to build and operate the organization and school. But this can only happen if I stay in Rwanda and continue to seek out God’s will. As per my original agreement, I am also continuing a second year as a teacher at Kigali International Community School (KICS) to bless missionary children, local Rwandans, and children of other nationalities.

My focus is foremost to follow God where He leads me, to plant a strong seed on fertile ground that will sustain peace in this country, and to establish a model that will inspire seeds in other war-torn areas of the world. For “God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.” (1 Cor. 1:27)

Here are some of what my supporters have enabled me to do (and will continue to do) beyond my own basic cost of living:
  • Purchased clothes and treats for over 140 orphans in Nyabugogo district of Rwanda for Christmas.
  • Purchased a Projector and accessories that serves many purposes at KICS and Victory Mission Church, and elsewhere including bringing the Gospel to the orphans of Nyabugogo at Christmas.
  • To serve and teach in local Rwandan church - Victory Mission Church.
  • Purchased many DVDs to use as teaching aids at KICS and for Gospel ministry.
  • Purchased a few Bibles for some godly servants God is raising up.
  • Purchased, repaired, and maintaining (buying petroleum) of a double cab pickup truck that allows me to travel around Kigali and to remote villages.
  • Purchased teaching supplies for my KICS classroom.
  • Purchase of an internet connection allowing me to communicate and seek curriculum for KICS and other classes.
  • Allowed me to help in a music ministry with Enric Sifa (former street boy).
  • Allowed me to minister to 19 orphans in Ndera district of Rwanda (transporting them to music ministry events, teaching the Bible, teaching English, and leading them in professions of Salvation)
  • Purchased language lessons so I can learn the native language of Kinyarwanda to better communicate with the Rwandans.
  • Allowed us to contribute to some local disaster relief of a local Rwandan family of 5 children. House roof was torn off by storm leaving the family homeless for a few months.
  • Allowed me to furnish and rent a house that provides space for living and ministry.
  • Allowed me to travel to Kampala, Uganda to explore needs and build a relationship with Kisugu Christian Fellowship and Hope Prison Ministry. While there, we learned a lot and were given the privilege to minister to their congregation for a week.
  • And there are many more ministry involvements developing…
It seems like a lot, but I am very focused. Again, my focus is to FOLLOW WHERE GOD LEADS ME. And as God works through and leads me, He is teaching and developing me to implement His plan for Christ Is Our Hope International child advocacy organization and Christ Is Our Hope School Rwanda, a full scholarship Leadership School for orphans, with a specially tailored biblical leadership program that will shape and equip post-war children into future leaders of peace and progress in Rwanda.

This is God’s ministry in which we are called to participate. I am just a servant-leader. I am what Nehemiah was to the wall of Jerusalem, what Moses was to the freedom of the Israelites, what Abraham was to the promise land, and what Paul was to the Gentiles. We are just empty vessels that God pours into and called to serve and carry out His plans.

And besides funds, I always need prayer support. The enemy doesn’t like it that we are trying planting seeds on fertile ground here in Rwanda. I feel like Paul in that I am buffeted at every turn, but I also know that “greater is He that is me, then he that is in the world.”

I asked God why he chose me to come to Rwanda alone, without the backing of large ministries and funding behind me. With all the NGOs that are here and have huge funding and organizational pools, what is it that he wants a small person like me to do? Why would He take me away from my family, my students, my income, and my employment to come here? This is what he told me. “I have chosen to send someone like you who can only depend on Me for everything.” Yes, I am alone, but God is with me. And He must be foremost Above All that I Do. The Bible tells us not to despise small beginnings.

Please continue to support our efforts and ask the Lord if you can do more. If you are new to this mission, please join us on this journey to build something miraculous, to bring the impossible into being in the name of Jesus. The truth of the matter is that I am not sent here to share the Gospel, shake a few hands, and disappear in 2 years. I will be here to the end, or until God no longer wants me to serve here. I press on for the sake of those whom He has called me to serve.

For all of you that will send cash donations, please note that my funds are now being managed through my family until I can get a nonprofit ministry registered to receive funds. This move was necessary because World Relief is not set up to manage funds for a full-time long-term totally immersed missionary. However, I will still be a World Relief Ambassador and a commissioned missionary of Houston’s First Baptist Church.

Thank you for your love and support. God has called me to be bold in the midst of unfamiliarity. I am asking you to seek your heart for God and be bold in your faith for Him. I love you and keep you in my prayers.

Amahoro ibane namwe. (Peace be with you). Imana ibahe umugisha. (God bless you). Murakose cyane. (Thank you very much)

Love in Christ Jesus,
Linda Huang

TO DONATE SEND A CHECK TO:
Payable: Linda Huang (World Relief Missionary)
c/o Shirley McMillan
2027 NW Langley Ct
Portland, OR 97229

TO SIGN UP for my blogs and newsletters, visit: www.BridgeToRwanda.blogspot.com
TO WRITE ME, email me at: LHSATORI@YAHOO.COM

No comments: