Sunday, May 6, 2007

Looking Straight ahead at Jesus

I have reached the 3 week mark until May 30th when I depart for Rwanda for a long time. I am so very excited, as the Lord has had me wait a year to leave. At the same time, I must say farewell to life as I know it. I sit here in my tiny apartment with everything pulled out of the closets waiting to be sorted through and put in a box to be dispersed between the Good Will and friends. I mean everything must go. Its like my own closeout sale. Just as my things, I see that God has also done the same with my life. He has taken everything out of the closet and set it before me to sort through and take to the Good Will. I am allowed only what fits into 2 suitcases of limited weight. I no longer have a salary, but must depend on the charity and faith of others to sustain my living and service. Its an entirely different muscle than I am used to - depending on others for sustanance. Don't get me wrong. I joyfully surrender every breath of life and every painful endurace to the Lord. So, entirely...my life belongs to Him, not myself. If I focus on each piece of "stuff" I get bogged down with emotion and confused logic "should I keep or take this." So, I focus straight ahead at Jesus who illuminates the pupils of my eyes and steers the logic of my thoughts. For only through Him may I have the sight that I cannot see with my eyes or make decisions toward the unknown. I count on Him to lead the path.

My journey is locked into a country of people who have faced repeated civil wars. Finding the key to sustainable peace is the mission of my journey. I know that education with biblical foundations is one key. Love and modeling love is the second key. The third key sits somewhere in Africa waiting for me to find it. When I have the three keys, I will be able to unlock the door that keeps Africa in a boiling room. I know that God is with me all the way. He leads because I cannot.

Please join me in praying in the next few weeks for the final preparation for His Grand Plan.
Peace be with you,
L

No comments: