Sunday, March 4, 2007

Blessed to Partake in the Gospel

As I approach my departure date, I am humbled by the Lord daily. Today, I just couldn't stop crying and I didn't know why. Nothing had happened. It was a good day. I realized as I left the church evening service that I was already grieving my life in the US in the sense that God had me realize how truly blessed I am and how much I love my church. I was really going to miss the church family He had built around me. See, this was not always a part of my life. Five years ago I was without church, hanging onto empty relationships, very messed up and hopeless. God has truly rescued me from the darkness and placed me high upon His rock. He has built around me a source of love, comfort and hope. I am going to miss my church and the friends that God has brought into my life. However, I rejoice that I still have a life to give to the Lord in all that He calls me to. He has set a table for me in Africa with a family of children who need the hope of Jesus. I am blessed to be able to tell them of my home church family and to partake in the Gospel.

1 Corinthians 9:22-27, "To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it. Do you know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win...Therefore, I run in such a way, as not without aim...but I discipline my body and make it slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself may not be disqualified."

No comments: