Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Greatest Love...

I just returned from a trip to WORLD RELIEF headquarters in Baltimore and I am in awe of what God has built and what He is setting me up for. World Relief is a godly organization that does so much to build up the suffering for God's kingdom. They bring the hope of Jesus and the hand of God into suffering communities around the world. They plant and build up the Body of Christ. Their work is well thought out and targets perpetual development, spiritual growth, discipleship, and empowering the helpless to help each other. The fact that God has called me to this organization is a tremendous honor. I am a World Relief worker. Who would have thought? I was told that I am in a very special position because I am being sent under the coverings of three organizations: my home church (Houston's First Baptist Church), World Relief, and Kigali International Community School.

Areas of work being done by WORLD RELIEF RWANDA that I will be exposed to include: church relations - church unity and Christ centered communities, Health - AIDS relief and education, economic development (includes microfinancing and developing the "essential oils" industry - growing, distilling, and exporting). As a teacher of English to local workers I will be able to go out in the field to observe areas of communication where they need help. I may also have the opportunity to observe relief and development initiatives in Burundi, Uganda, and Sudan - all places where genocide wars continue. In Uganda over 4 millian have died and children are being targeted for kidnapping and brainwashing to serve the LRA rebel army, where they are forced to kill, abuse and be abused for survival, and then made homeless. These kids are as young as 7 years old.

At KICS (Kigali International Community School) I will be serving on the forefront of developing a Biblical American-based educational system that does not exist in Rwanda. Currently, there are so many different African and European educational systems that are more traditional and still rely on corporal punishment (the switch), forced discipline, and repetitious rote-memory. Children are not developed into higher order thinkers and lack qualified teachers. I will also be able to contribute my knowledge of art, music, marketing and technology to develop creativity and technical skills. In general, schooling is not a common opportunity in Africa.

I am in total and overwhelming awe that God has chosen the most unlikely of persons to go. He has transformed my life into one who hungers to follow Jesus. It has been a huge battleground and learning field. But my Lord covers me in His Grace and Power. Four years ago, I thought there was no hope for me. I cried out to the Lord to rescue me from loneliness, despair, deep depression and the struggles of keeping up with this world. Now, God has given me the gift of His Son and a greater love than I ever imagined. I just want to go out and tell the world. My life purpose is to reach out to those who have been forgotten - to tell them that "God remembers!" And He is faithful to His children. His love is unfailing. He remembered this undeserving child and He remembers you.

I thank God that He remembered me and saved me from myself, and even found a use for me. The greatest thing I do is to share the Love of Jesus with the unloved, lost and outcast. I leave for Rwanda in late May 2007. Meanwhile, I pray for financial and spiritual support for the journey. There is so much to do - all in God's will and in due time. All things are possible through Christ Jesus.

To contribute one time support through World Relief click here and in the field "Designate" select "Rwanda". In the field "Comments" type in "Rwanda Volunteer: Linda". DONATE ONCE

To give monthly support through World Relief . In the field "Designate" select Rwanda". In the "Comments" type in "recurring support for Volunteer: Linda of $_____ monthly charged to credit card". DONATE MONTHLY

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at lhsatori@yahoo.com.
I am ever so grateful for each and every person that has blessed my walk with Jesus. Words cannot express...I am so grateful for you!

"If I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and sevice of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all." (Philippians 2:17)

"And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Linda, Awesome web sight. You have done a wonderful job with it. I look forward to checking in from time to time. I'm at work right now so little time to write but want to tell you how inspired I am by your tremendous courage, unselfish dedication and love for Rwanda and it's amazing people. Know my heart is laced with prayers for you and our beloved Rwandans. I wish I could be there with you. I'm praying to get back there again someday. I remember Eddy. Give him my love and greetings. I miss all of our team deeply and think often about them and how they are doing. I deeply regret not being able to do more for everyone there at this time in my life. I can give prayer though...LOTS of PRAYER! Sincerely, with love from your Sister In Christ (and May, 2006 Rwanda E3 Partners Team Mate)
Carol Holshuh
cjbeach49@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Linda,
Wow, how neat to see what the Lord is doing in your life and through your life. I am praying for you.

Eposi