Thursday, April 16, 2015

There is Light Behind the Clouds....

AUSTIN, TX – Sometimes you are on a roll and running all over the place for God...then a stumbling block thwarts your momentum and cloudy days become stormy times...but never despair, God's plans do not get thwarted and every cloud in your way is strategically placed by the Almighty God...soon you will see the light peeking through the clouds and the momentum will begin to build again, better that ever.

This is how I have felt since I returned from Rwanda 5 years ago. This especially happens when you are in a life-changing high experience like working for God in a developing country.

Today as I struggle waiting on God and struggle with decisions and pains, I reflect upon a devotional from John Bevere...it starts with this verse:

Joseph said to them… “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good…”
Genesis 50:19–20 NKJV

[FROM JOHN BEVERE'S E-DEVOTIONAL]
Joseph’s brother tried hard to destroy the vision God gave him. They threw him in a pit and then sold him into slavery. They thought they had ended it for Joseph, and Joseph had every reason to think his brothers were to blame for his misfortunes. But look at what the psalmist said:

Moreover [God] called for a famine in the land; He destroyed all the provision of bread. He sent a man before them—Joseph—who was sold as a slave. (Psalm 105:16–17 NKJV, emphasis added)

Who sent Joseph to Egypt, his brothers or God? We can clearly see it was God who sent him, as Joseph said plainly to his brothers, “It was not you who sent me” (Genesis 45:8 NKJV).

Hear what the Spirit is saying! No mortal man or devil can supersede the plan of God on your life. If you lay hold of this truth, it will set you free. There is only one person who can get you out of the will of God, and that is you!

The truth is that some people truly have been treated unjustly. But their becoming offended only fulfills the enemy’s purposes of getting them out of the will of God. If you stay free from offense, you will stay in God’s will. If you become offended, you will be taken captive by the enemy to fulfill his purpose.

Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. (James 4:7 NKJV)

We resist the devil by choosing to not become offended. The dream or vision God has given you will probably come about differently than you think it will, but His Word and His promises will not fail. Only our disobedience can thwart what God wants to do in our lives.

Bingo! I see a glimpse of light within my darkness. What has interfered with the mission God sent me on starting in 2007 is all part of His plan. I have had many words of discouragement, people who don't believe I can follow through on the mission, make me question "why?" and what was it all for. I have always known in my heart what I truly felt God called me to do and the vision of Urukundo for the Children ministry is still alive and burning in my heart. I have read of others who were sent on the same mission in another place and succeeded (or so it seems), making me question why I haven't succeeded, but now I see that I have not failed...its all in His plan for the right time and place and way. Perhaps my mission seems the same as theirs, but God wants to do it in a different way for me...

I want everyone to know that I have not given up. The enemy has tried to dissuade me of the validity of my calling....and to sidetrack me with other life hardships....but I AM ALWAYS FOR GOD, NO MATTER WHAT, AND GOD'S PURPOSE FOR ME WILL NOT DIE, NOT EVEN WHEN MY FLESH HAS DIED. I see now its all in the perspective of your perception. God used Joseph's brother's evil deed to send Joseph to the people of Egypt. I too am now in a time where God is sending me somewhere somehow. It seems like I'm sent nowhere for nothing, but just wait and see.

So, wherever you are, change your perspective and perception of where you are and why you are there. Most likely, if you are in the right way with your relationship with God, you are on the right track, although it looks gloomy....there is light behind the clouds.

I hope this message helps you see a glimpse of light...May God bless you mightily.

Love in Christ,
L

No comments: